Our 15-day motorcycle tour Australia and Tasmania – Adventure Down Under includes a plethora of popular Australian attractions: lush eucalypti forest, twisty roads, romantic beaches and those adorable kangaroos. After arriving in Melbourne, we’ll begin the Adventure with a ride to Apollo Bay along Australia’s world famous and stunning Great Ocean Road. We’ll board an overnight ferry to Tasmania where we’ll enjoy four days of riding on this unique and beautiful island featuring great local food and seasonal rainforest wilderness on lovely rural back roads. When we return to the mainland we’ll head for Sydney via Victoria’s High Country and the Australian Alps as we climb Australia’s highest accessible road in the Snowy Mountains and ride up and down the Great Divide. We’ll also enjoy rides along the cliffs of the Blue Mountains, observing them though the blue mist that gives the mountains their name. We’ll end our Adventure in Sydney.
Interested in a longer Adventure? You can stay for another two weeks and do this trip “back to back” with our New Zealand Top Down Adventure.
At a Glance Your Australia and Tasmania – Adventure Down Under
Our free day in Hobart offers a number of great choices. Among the possibilities: take a ferry to the eclectic MONA museum, climb Mt. Wellington, enjoy the shops and cafes of Salamanca Place, take a kayak trip along the waterfront to sample some fish and chips or visit convict sites reflective of Hobart’s past as a penal colony.
For those desiring more time on the bike, there is a choice between two alternative rides to Port Arthur.
Our route today starts pleasantly along a country road past farms and rivers before we start gaining altitude as we climb through dense forest. We will pass both historic and present-day mining areas as we go up to the Tarraleah Powerstation Lookout. While not far in distance, today will be a full day of riding on absolutely spectacular and very twisty roads.
For those interested in more time on the bike, there is the option of riding in Kosciuszko National Park.
Total – 2,300 miles
Please contact us about low frame and/or low seat options for our bikes.
- Deduct $250 for a Suzuki DR650
- Includes Suzuki DL650 Vstrom
- Includes BMW F700GS
- Additional charge of $250 for a BMW F800GS
- Additional charge of $250 for a BMW F850GS
- Additional charge of $300 for a BMW R1200GS LC
- Additional charge of $400 for a BMW R1200GS Adv
- Additional charge of $600 for a BMW R1200RT LC
- Additional charge of $400 for a BMW R1250GS
- Additional charge of $700 for a Harley Heritage Softail
- Additional charge of $700 for a Harley Road King
- Additional charge of $750 for a Harley Street Glide
- Additional charge of $1,050 for a Harley Ultra Classic
- Personal motorcycle: deduct $1,100 from the rider price.
- Late model, low mileage motorcycle
- All accommodations
- A’ la carte dining
- Two Ayres Adventures professional tour leaders
- Airport arrival/departure transfers
- Luggage handling
- Comfortable support vehicle for non-riding companions
- Comprehensive pre-trip planning and assistance
- Customized trip booklet with day-by-day itinerary and attractions
- Two commemorative shirts
- Adventurer Club travel award credit
- All breakfasts
- 13 dinners
- Overnight ferry to Tasmania
Deposit per person: $800Single room supplement – $1,200
|Date||2023 Adventures||Length||Price (USD)||Co-rider||Notes|
|October 14 - 28||Australia and Tasmania - |
Adventure Down Under (Melbourne to Sydney)
|Date||2024 Adventures||Length||Price (USD)||Co-rider||Notes|
|February 13 - 27||Australia and Tasmania - |
Adventure Down Under (Melbourne to Sydney)
Cancellation fee and refunds
|FROM DATE OF |
|More than 60 days||50% of deposit|
|60 days or fewer but more than 45 days||100% of deposit|
|45 days or fewer but more than 30 days||50% of full tour payment|
|30 days or fewer||100% of full tour payment|
A great experience
I expected Australia/Tasmania to be fun and it was. What I hadn't expected were the fantastic twisties in the mountains and the almost magical scenery - from beaches to valleys to mountains. A great experience.
Daniel's Adventures include:
Dutch Treat Adventure (now named Normandy and the North Sea)
Australia and Tasmania – Adventure Down Under
Santa Fe, NM
Private Tour Inquiry
We are happy to book any of our motorcycle tour as a private tour. For most tours, we require a minimum of 8 bikes, or 12 participants (riders plus co-riders). We can provide a private motorcycle tour for smaller groups, but a surcharge may apply. We can also customize any of our regular tours for a private group.